Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do you get your credit card interest rate lowered?

I have heard that there are ways to get your interest rate lowered. What are they. I just got off the phone with my credit card company and asked if I could get my interest rate lowered and they said no. They said I have the lowest interest rate they offer at 11.5%. Is it a myth that it's possible to get your rate lowered?|||It's not something that's just doled out because that's how credit card companies make their money.


In the rare even that they oblige you, you have to :


1. Have an impeccable payment history, no lates or skipped payment on credit card or any other accounts


2. Have a good existing credit score


3. Have had the account for a minimum of 3 years.





Nowadays it's a rarity that they're lowering rates in the wake of the credit crunch.


|||if you have paid the bill on time, always, have not utilized all of the credit on the card, haven't opened up any other cards, and your score is between 750-800, you present all of these things to the company. If they still reject you, tell them you are moving the balance to another card with "x%" and tell them to jump in a lake. They will probably see better of you then.|||what I have done is called the credit card company and I usually tell that I want to make their card my primary card and to increase my credit line once they do that you tell them that in order for you to feel comfortable with that being your primary card you would like to get a lower rate because you get offers in the mail all the time with lower rates and that you understand they are intro rates but your interest rate needs to be more competative other wise you will cancel and get a better card, check out www.fastcreditcardapprovals.com to compare cards side by side on rates, fees and rewards use this info when calling them. |||Switch your balance to a new credit card with a 0% introductory rate. 11.5% is faily low, some people do have up to 32% I think. I personally have never paid CC interest in my life due to paying in full each month. Don't spend any more than you have in the bank-simple.|||If you switch to a new credit card company make sure to look that there is no balance transfer fee, the interest rate is not variable, and that there is no annual fee. |||call the credit comp. tell them you need a lower rate or you will be going elsewhere it works every time


i went from 10.5 to 7.5 with an apology.|||I have never heard of it. If it does exist, it probably has some sort of "catch" behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment