Saturday, December 17, 2011

How do I calculate the interest rate I earned on a 401K account?

I have records of my contribution and balance at the end of each month. From this I can see the total amount of interest earned each month. How do I find the rate though?|||The easiest way is to ...





lmt=last month total


tmt=this month total


in=amount you added to the 401K





rate=(tmt-lmt-in)/lmt





this will get you the rate for the month, if you want an annual rate multiply the above by 12.





Keep track of this on a month to month basis and soon you can keep a rolling average of your gains.


///|||You should be getting a statement from the trustee telling you this information.





ask for it.|||To express it on percentage, multiply by 100 what you got from SWH's equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment